Tuesday, June 23, 2009

UMAID BHAWAN PALACE 22ND JUNE 6 PM

















Driving into Umaid Bhavan is a totally different feeling. The magnificient architecture of the Palace standing tall on the hill top, elates you to a level above the normal. As I drove in I had a tradional welcome by staff followed by a good talk with Hod's along with Mr Ashish Kumar General Manager Umaid Bhawan. Since he was in mumbai during the terror attack he spoke about his experiences how difficult it was for the staff during that time. We obsereved 2 minutes silence in the wake of 26/11 victimsThe " We Stand Togeher " poster was put in lobby and lot of guests came forward with their solidarity messages and wishing me good luck for the drive. I was touched when Rani Sahiba Hem lata Raje and Rani sheetal kanwar owner of Rawal Kot Jaisalmer called me and spoke to me about how they felt during 26/11. She wrote her message in the message book and interacted very warmly with me enquiring about my drive around India.Indeed it was a great feeling to have wishes from the Royal Family too...............

No comments:

Post a Comment