Monday, June 22, 2009

A MEMEORABLE EXPERIENCE ON ROAD 22ND JUNE





















We were driving very comfortably to Jodhpur. the waether was not that hot but traffic a bit bad on certain streatch of road. It was lunch time and we were hungry too. though we pack water and small eats from every hotel but need to streatch and come out of the car. More so the car too needs rest. To opur surprise the weather Gods took a U turn, clouds came in, started drizzling, and a cool wind hit us. we decided to stop and take this fresh breadth of air from Rajasthan.
I stopped the car at a place called Lotus Restaurant on highway. Seeing the car decked up the owners of the restaurant and some guests knoew these people are on some mission. we were greeted warmly and people started asking us about the trip. and I love talking about it .
they know the Taj very well since we have a strong hold in Rajasthan. but they came up with very strong messages on terror and how India should fight back.
I used to think I am very passionate about whatever i do until I met the Khatri family who runs this beautiful restaurant.father and his 3 sons were genuine about everything they do and that too with smile. we were treated like Head of state guests getting us the best table people surrounding us asking us what we want to eat?
then came the best part...every family memeber has a passion of doing something . The father got me a 60 year old Gramaphone which runs with a manual handle and you were required to have a license to keep that . He actually made me listen to this old track kept his box on my table and it was like entertainment on my table. I too played my Jumbe and we had a jam session with guests joining us.It was amazing.....I just can't express....
the second son showed his hobby. He collects old currency notes with unique numbers on the notes. He showed me currency worth 50-60000 with all amazing numbers. he says he checks all his collection everyday and whenever he finds any interetsing numbers they preserve it. this is happenning from last 20 years every single day.( see photographs)
the youngest son was so passionte about his restaurant he showed me every part of it.
one more son left and i asked him what do you do ? He says I don't drink but "I collect miniature bottles of liquor I have spend close to 1.5 lakhs on them whenever i go to Dubai"
i was bowled over by the hospitality. The food was good too... simple Yellow day malai sev and garm garm rotis.
when I asked for the bill the father says how can we take money from you? our best wishes are there with you. I was touched. i insisted on paying and like a true punjabi I won the battle. But like a true Sindhi he packed gifts for me. I tell you some community can't change....
I would stop at this resataurant whenever I will cross this place. i know for sure. the connect was very humane...
1 hour was worth it to cherish this for years to come....

wishing us good luck, photo session and were off to Jodhpur.
Thats people of India for you...atithi devo bhava....







4 comments:

  1. blessings from mumma........hope u acheive more for urself and acheive the most thru this mission for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is the lovely Jodhpur-Jaisalmer road...beileve it is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. im sure you wud have loved playing jumbe.

    full power sir....

    ReplyDelete