Saturday, June 20, 2009

THE JOURNEY BEGINS - 20TH JUNE 10 AM







THE D DAY CAME - TAJ PALACE HOTEL NEW DELHI..
At 10 am the flag off for the rally was planned. and to my surprise 5 mins to 10 there were more than 80 people at the banquet porch to bid me good bye as I take on this journey.
Indeed it was an emotional moment, since a dream was coming true. I dreamt about this 2 months back and it was amazing to realize the dream in front of my eyes.
Mr Taljinder Singh General Manager gave an encouraging speech followed by few words from my side. I was happy we disscused the purpose behind the journey. We remembered the 26/11 victims, we paid solidarity, we talked about how employees of Taj Mahal Mumbai suffered during the terror attacks and after that. We spoke about how we can take Taj to greater heights. There was a brief intro on the rally by me. I could sense a feeling of Togetherness and spirit of Taj flowing amongst standing their.
this was followed by pooja by our Pandit, ribbon cutting, signing of poster by GM, messsages written by fellow associates and 1..2..3..and the car moves ...for ADRIVE FOR PEACE

YES WE WILL WE CAN and i will try my best to achieve the purpose behind this drive.
Sanket Chugh accompanies me as my first partner till the next hotel.









1 comment:

  1. Sir to be very honest this was a little emotional situation for all of us in the office.
    but we all were happy that it was for good and a courageous act like this is really one amongst ten thousand as Mr.Singh said.

    great truly

    sudhir

    ReplyDelete