Wednesday, July 1, 2009

ROAD SIDE EXPERIENCES- amazing ones..







1) TOLL BARRIER IN MP
We were travelling from interiors of Madhya Pradesh thru the jungles when this incident happened. We were stopped at this Toll in the village by two men. They asked me to shell out Rs 100. I could read it was written Rs40 at the gate. But knowing i am in the middle of no where in the jungle i said Ok and told hin give me the receipt.He looked at me actually stared at me saying nothing.Then he started looking into the car and asked me to give me everything I thought the worst is about come and I started thinking some action will happen now. For next 5 minutes he asked me 10 questions about who I am?, from where?, what is this car about ? etc etc I answered like an obedient school boy with a smile. He looked at the Taj hotel photograph and some how the conversation went to 26/11. 2 more guys joined him and they wanted to enter the car. Then suddenly to my surprise he tells me "sardarji aap jao". I said what about your money..he said it again this time a bit stern, Go ..and without wasting time I zipped away when other colleagues of him tried stopping me.
Why did he leave me? I guess there was some connect he made with the Taj photograph and whole incident when i told him my purpose behind this journey...amazing
2) AT CHITTORGARH FORT
On our trip to this huge fort on the hill top were surrounded by tour guides at entrance. Trying to sell their services to us but we politely refused and started telling them about what we are driving for. A great interaction and after that one person gave a long speech on peace, mera bharat mahan and how we should fight terror. Great time and then we were offerd free guided tour of the fort.
3) AT RAILWAY CROSSING, IN THE VILLAGE..
Railway crossing ideal time for people to come out of their vehicles and started reading our messaages on the car. This man in the photograph in the village was more than pleased to see our car decked up
4) GUEST AT PANNA
The guests at panna saw the car and were curious to meet me. a great talk on Taj and its values and we exchanged our cards for future contacts. He had some encouraging words and started sharing his experiences in Taj Mahal Mumbai.
5) AT THE SERVICE STATION
This one was also amazing. the car needed a check up too so we drove staraight to Ford service station from Bandhavgarh before going to the hotel. He was busy with other work but we requested him for a wash and quick check up of the car. He went out of the way to get our car done first. all at service station came to see the car and started talking to me about how I am driving 12000 km in thsi vehicle. When I asked for the bill, he politely refused and said i have voided the "order" and it will be complimentary. I was zapped and insisited on paying since I knew he did it when other customers were waiting. But he said ' you are going for such a great cause how can I take money" Hats Off to you man !






1 comment:

  1. Dilpreet...you are so lucky you are seeing the soul of India...the true India....which we all are so far away from

    ReplyDelete